Main Forum
Page
of 2

Faction discussion

12 replies
The plan is to consolidate both our groups under one faction (CSW) and stay on the Inner Sphere faction side for the time being. Also we will be planning to take on longer contracts for two reasons. First to grind out loyalty points that our members can use to their advantage. Second, to fully engage in the alliance and faction activity surrounding CW.

We need to consider where we should align ourselves. I think we need to look at this from two angles:
Who can we align with that would be accepting of our way of doing things?
Which faction will give us the bonuses that we want?

I think both these questions need to be answered at the same time. Its best if we can find a good fit to both things at once since we need to outfit our members and grow at the same time.
Posted Dec 31, 14 · OP
On1m a
LoreMaster
If we were to look for a longer term faction we need to consider two things. Who we will primarily be fighting and who will pay us the most money. Do we want to primarily fight the Clans or the IS?

Personally I don't want a longer contract, I want to continue switching back and forth between Clan and IS factions. I currently have friends in every faction that I would like to be able to drop with in CW. At this point I'm not interested in maxing out a faction as CW is still in Beta and likely to be reset in the not so distant future, and they have given no information on what the rewards might be for maxing out a faction or factions. Once I know what they are going to do I might consider a longer term contract.
Posted Dec 31, 14
I think we would see tougher competition fighting the clans.

I would like to max cbills for right now, and once they announce they are done with resets I would like to align with a faction that has a high cbill reward. I can see gaining points with a faction that has good production facilities, but honestly high cbill rewards would trump mech discounts i think.

The reset we will facing is a good point, and definitely something we need to keep in mind.

I think that the majority of CSW players are needing cbills. They will not be resetting the cbills we have gained so I would like to focus in that direction. I think our faction choice should be made from the standpoint of what is best for the group. I don't personally need anything and wouldn't mind jumping around, but I would rather play with my CSW friends and help them gain more equipment.

The other part of this to me is getting noticed and providing our members with a way to fully experience CW. We need to be in an area that has people wanting to sync drop because we are too small. Once we are in an area that is more active I think it will be easy for us to attract players shopping around for a unit, allow our current players to see how the political side of CW is played, and let our players see the effect of their efforts on the map.

I think that if we choose a longer contract, find a larger group to drop with, and prioritise cbill generation we will have more of our members engage in CW.
Posted Dec 31, 14 · OP
Voicing an opinion: A Poll should be created with options to vote and the benefits of each choice should be listed in the OP. Even if it results in a separate thread. Could use this thread to determine Clan or IS, then make a thread breaking down the Houses/Clans and use that to determine the length of contract and with whom.

Right now, Bets Paying Faction =/= Ease of finding matches. They pay more because they are losing too many planets/matches and/or they simply lack the player base to win said planets/matches. I have found many players defending the Clan Front, leaving their Factions to deal on their own.

Longer contracts equate to greater LP and Cbill gain, yes? Maybe start aiming for 14 day, rather than the current 7 day? Change twice a month. Gives people more time to earn LP (that is, if you really insist on only having short term contracts). again this whole thing needs to be brought up to the ENTIRE unit and allow everyone to share their voices.

Discussions should cover:
Which Faction to play for under a singular unit? (Clan/IS - Which Clans, Which Houses?)
Length of contracts?
Gain of said contracts? LP bonus? Cbill bonus? Frequency and Ease of finding a match?

This is just Maru, throwing in some more food for thought. ALSO, you guys should REALLY push this discussion on the FB in hopes that it can move here and a poll can be created. Otherwise, it may get lost on FB due to the sites nature. This forum doesn't get used much... at all... and it would be great to see some legitimate activity.
Posted Dec 31, 14
I may be repeating myself here, but if CSW aligns with Clan Wolf once more they can sync drop and eventually drop with any CWI teams. You don't have to join CWI. You can retain free agency as a group and you'll perhaps make new friends or even bolster your numbers. I've heard discussions in the past about making alliances with other units in order to play 12 mans. This is a real chance to do exactly that. You could speak to the Khan of CWI and work out some kind of deal. Regardless, you will always have good players to drop with in CW and you'll be able to participate in CW in a significant way. That being said, I know that a large amount of people don't have clan mechs right now and that's a problem with going Clan Wolf considering that CWI has a permanent contract. I will say that in 3 days of dropping with CWI I have made over 20,000,000 cbills.
Posted Dec 31, 14 · Last edited Dec 31, 14
List
Undo
wrote:
That being said, I know that a large amount of people don't have clan mechs right now and that's a problem with going Clan Wolf considering that CWI has a permanent contract. I will say that in 3 days of dropping with CWI I have made over 20,000,000 cbills.

This right here is why CSW formed the 12th. To allow players to play at either side of CW. Don't have the Clan mechs for CW? Join the 12th and earn some great CBills to buy and upgrade your Clan mechs. Use them in Public matches to learn them, build them and Master them.
Posted Dec 31, 14
List
Undo
In my opinion, it is counter intuitive to split your forces into separate factions in order for everyone to participate in CW. CW is heavily focused on teamwork even more so than public play. It is the play ground of large organized units. Playing this mode with a small group of people is self inflected torture. It's far better to simply choose a side and stick with it. Otherwise, you will bounce around from faction to faction never truly experiencing what CW has to offer. If the majority of people still don't have clan mechs then choose IS and ditch your clan name. Otherwise, stick to public play and farm cbills there. Either become a MERC unit and ditch your clan ties or join your brothers. You're pretty much stomping all over the lore at this point.
Posted Dec 31, 14
CSW is going to be aligned with an Inner Sphere faction. Inner Sphere is better for the majority of our members so we are going that way.

We are talking about 28 day contracts right now. This is not final, but our discussions so far make us think that other units would be more receptive to us if they know we will be around for while. Also we would like to be in one place long enough to make a some friends.
Posted Dec 31, 14 · OP
On1m a
LoreMaster
Just to let you know a month long IS contract will not work for me. I have friends in both Clan and IS units that I have been trying to drop with, hence the week long contracts between Clan and IS factions. As the current unit owner this leaves me in somewhat of a bind. PGI has yet to implement a way to transfer ownership of a unit between members so it may be necessary to disband the unit and contact PGI to release to unit tags back to the new owner.

I have hope that PGI will implement the ability to transfer ownership in the next patch but if they don't I wanted to make everybody aware of the situation.
Posted Dec 31, 14
I'm afraid that CSW choosing to go with the IS is why I will no longer be playing with you. As a Clan Wolf fanboy I just can not force myself to play with any other faction and effectively throw aside my 3 favorite mechs in the game that I spent $150 on.
Posted Dec 31, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
98 Posts
86 Posts
68 Posts
64 Posts
42 Posts
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (6)
Birthday on Fri 23 Feb, 2018