Poxzwar
Post subject: install gone bad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:40 am

I got the unleashed directory installed.

Are there 7 mod packs i need? The ones i found are (mostly .zip.url) which want to open in google but will not extract anything. winrar says there is nothing in them also.

can all these files be put in a rar or zip file that i can access?

I just ran out of time to mess with it tonight. I will not get back until Friday and will try more then.

Owen is really wanting to see what you guys are doning in there.

thanks

On1m
Post subject: Re: install gone bad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:48 am

Sorry to hear that you couldn't install the mod. Hit up me, Phoenix, Aetius, or Loki and we can walk you through it.

We'll get you and him in there. :d

Lights are like wolves, they close in and rip you apart.

Poxzwar
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 am

I will keep a look out. I think my problem is I used to mod games alot in the late 90s and i am having a hard time adusting to how its done now. the discovery thing for freelancer messed with me too.

thanks

Phoenix_Frenzy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:31 am

No problem. Just let me know how I can help and I will do my best to walk you through it. I could prob post a video on how to install the modpack. If that would be more useful for you.

Poxzwar
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:57 am

The 7 diff mods that are not all one type of archive is where i got thrown. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if i had larger blocks of time to mess with it. Only having 15-30 min per day makes it painful. I will give it another shot Friday night when I get home if i can.

Phoenix_Frenzy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:22 am

I think I will try my best to record a video of a fresh install tomorrow. I will be studying tomorrow for a Final, but I will try my best to make a video.

Poxzwar
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:28 am

Don't worry too much about it. Like it said I mostly need time for my old !@#$ to soak in the new processes that are used to do these things.

Sharptooth
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:38 pm
Site Admin

Pheonix and Pox, well everyone. I may have a solution for your mods that will be all one click install rather than have to go through all the trouble every time someone wants to install updates. I will get with Pheonix when I get home today. I think you guys will like this.

var balance == Boring; ????

Poxzwar
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:46 pm

I got the mods done and Owen is on the CSW server. He seems very happy exploring everything. He mentioned some amazment with golem farmers and seeing a giraffe.

That was an hour ago, he has no time to speak to me since. Too much to see I guess.

Thanks for the help, and great work.

Phoenix_Frenzy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Awesome! :d I will have to jump on with him and see if he needs any help getting a place started. I will be having some small housing in the spawn area for new players. The modpack we use is crazy and I am still learning A LOT of these. :p