Main Forum
Page
of 2

DropShip Garm logo

17 replies
Yeah. That old Industrial Illustration degree I have laying around gets in my way sometimes. B-)
Posted Mar 29, 14
Aetius a
I like the second one. It's looking great brother. keep it up.
Aetius Faulk
8z1f92.png
Posted Apr 2, 14
WOW Else!! You have an Illustration degree! Sweet! What do you illustrate? Cartoons,building pre visualization,magazine or print?

Would love to see some of your stuff sometime.
Again thx for your feedback on my logo designs, it is helpful. I am not a geometry major and only had art and drafting in high-school AKA grade school. I did all kinds of stuff like airbrushing,painting murals,sculpting,pencil drawing ect. General stuff. never had the money back then to go to school for it. My father died when I was 10 and my mom and I lived off of veterans admin checks and his social security. We were very poor. So I held a job thru high-school to help her out and just never stopped working.

I still learn when I can and try to not completely loose my skill set. I get better when I have time to get into it but then I have to go back to the real world. Hey but its still a passion of mine that I will try to hold onto till I die.

@ Aetius THX, I will do some more soon I am just paper drawing and on my tab right now. I need the practice.
Sigy_4.png
Posted Apr 3, 14 · OP
That degree is 25 years old and was in the early days of CAD so it was mostly pencil/pen/paper stuff. Technical, as in those old school breakouts of pulleys or assemblies. Some structural stuff. I've done manuals for maintenance on mainframes and large reclaim boilers (ie 10 story tall building stuff). Probably nothing you would have seen. But all the various bits of training has made me sensitive to all manner of typographical issues (like kerning), layout, clarity and what not. It was actually ancillary to the drafting degree.

These days - for the last 20ish years, it's been computer/IT tech stuff, network engineering, software validation and that kind of stuff.
Posted Apr 4, 14
Cool. Old school is the best school I think. I have been a hobbyist I guess but I have really fallen in love with digital art and enjoy a bit of programming. One day I hope to be able to have marketable skills or at least work for myself. But then I would have to have a marketable product now wouldn't I :) See you around, maybe in game <S>
Sigy_4.png
Posted Apr 5, 14 · OP
Lets see is it finish ^^

dont change the red grid this looks cool let the eye look like glass
4niqhnyq.png
Posted Apr 16, 14
Have not worked on it since last update. been doing other stuff. But will revisit it later. <S>
Sigy_4.png
Posted Apr 19, 14 · OP
i hope so
4niqhnyq.png
Posted May 18, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
98 Posts
86 Posts
68 Posts
64 Posts